Friday, June 25, 2010

It's over!


(Originally written on June the 8th)

Well, sort of. On Friday the 3rd we did the last exam of the semester, and the following Saturday was the last day for uploading assignments on the Aula Virtual. But I've had to leave two subjects for later, so I can't go wild yet. Anyway, I feel relieved to a great extent; I'll take the chance to spend a week with my beloved wife in the Canary Islands and a few days at my parents' in Córdoba. I'm really looking forward to it; it's been quite a while since we last went on vacation...

We've chosen the Canary Islands once more, as we wanted to relax and do nothing much apart from lying on the beach (or by the hotel pool), eat at the buffet and laze around: as we are five months pregnant, we must take it easy. Maybe we'll do some sightseeing; we'll decide when we arrive at our destination.

Last year we went to Tenerife and spent a very active week: we rented a car and visited many landmarks and attractive places around the island; just driving around was also highly enjoyable. This time we're going to Gran Canaria so as not to do exactly the same trip. In fact, we're heading there on the plane at this very moment; the plane's in-flight magazine is rubbish, so I've decided to prepare this entry for the blog as a way of killing time... By the way, 2€ for a 33cl still mineral water bottle? That's what I call a daylight robbery!
And they have the cheek to write "Have a snack at Vueling prices" on the menu, making you think that it's going to be cheap... And another thing: who had the wonderful idea of serving such an excellent gin as Bombay Sapphire with such an awful tonic water as Nørdic Mist? I want Schweppes! Urge to kill... rising...

No comments:

Post a Comment